Friday, February 24, 2012

access report builder from custom code

I am writing a .NET app, I'd like the user to have access to the report
builder to make ad-hoc reports, how would I go about doing this from inside
my application? thanks!You can use "reportbuilder.exe" file but I have not tried running this exe,
where the RS environment is not there. Moreover this is a part of SSRS and
ofcourse Sql server so probabily licensing issues will be there because this
is a seperate tool, but will have to check whether it works out of the SS &
SSRS environment first.
Amarnath
"Smokey Grindle" wrote:
> I am writing a .NET app, I'd like the user to have access to the report
> builder to make ad-hoc reports, how would I go about doing this from inside
> my application? thanks!
>
>

No comments:

Post a Comment