Friday, February 24, 2012

access permissions

hi all,
i have created a new login say "me" with the same userid and the password to access my database "test".I created this using the Enterprise Manager so i am not well aware of the securities and permissions in the sql server 2000.
The problem is that with this login "me" i can access the master and pubs database which i dont want as i have set the permissions to access only the "test" database.
I have checked this in the securties-->Logins-->Database Access tab.
Any help on this pls.
I could be wrong but I think you may have set the permissions in the Master database for the database permissions instead of the test database. Hope this helps.|||i am not sure abt this.But i have checked on the some sites..when you are creating the new login you have to specify the default database.So for my login "me" i specified the defaultdatabase as "test".Now the user "me" should only have the access to the test database.
But with the user "me" i can connect to the pubs and master database.Also when i am registerry the database i can access the pubs and master in the Enterprise Manager.
I m sure i m missing something..could anyone help me on this??
thanks
|||If you are using Enterprise manager SQL Server permissions are very simple, you have the database permissions you create in the database under User and the server permissions you create in the Security section of Enterprise manager. If your user can access Pubs and Master, then Master may have been your default database. Fixing such permissions problems may have you editing the Master database which I will not recommend in a production server. Hope this helps.|||

Thanks for your reply.I also thought that doing it with the Enterprise Manager would be a easy task and infact it is.But i am not sure for the reason of my problem.
I tried to do this also but my user "me" is not even shown in the pubs or the master databases users.
I searched this forum on this issue i found this post but without any solutions
http://forums.asp.net/715688/ShowPost.aspx
Any help pls??
Thanks

|||

Try these links for Troubleshooting Orphaned Users and solutions. Hope this helps.
http://vyaskn.tripod.com/troubleshooting_orphan_users.htm

http://blogs.geekdojo.net/ryan/archive/2004/05/04/1849.aspx

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;274188&sd=tech

No comments:

Post a Comment