Saturday, February 25, 2012

access rs reports through .aspx

I'm not sure of what i should do to come up with a web site that allows the
users to access the reports that are in my reportserver, I would like to
know a step by step instructions on how to access my reports using asp.net
web application.
Is my problem has anything to do with configuring consoles or xml log files?
Will I have to make a coding that will look for server/ virtualroot/
pathinfo prefixes.. and where and how will i make one?
I am really confused on which or what should i do to access my reports
through aspx application ..
Please guide me..
--
~SiMPLe~You need to decide if you are going to integrate using URL integration
(easiest and fullest featured) or web services (harder but complete
control). Is this an intranet or internet. If internet where you don't want
the user to have access to your server then you would have to use web
services. If URL integration then the best thing is to first understand the
URL that you need to create. Make sure you can create the URL (even just
typing it in from IE) and that you can pass parameters. Once you can do that
then you can control the other aspects of it. I tend to create the URL for
Jump to URL which is a little different (RS automatically fills in the
server name so I don't have to deal with it).
Bruce Loehle-Conger
MVP SQL Server Reporting Services
"Alex" <alex@.interpac.com.ph(donotspam)> wrote in message
news:C9A32654-7806-402D-B709-9D7289DC9889@.microsoft.com...
> I'm not sure of what i should do to come up with a web site that allows
> the
> users to access the reports that are in my reportserver, I would like to
> know a step by step instructions on how to access my reports using asp.net
> web application.
> Is my problem has anything to do with configuring consoles or xml log
> files?
> Will I have to make a coding that will look for server/ virtualroot/
> pathinfo prefixes.. and where and how will i make one?
> I am really confused on which or what should i do to access my reports
> through aspx application ..
> Please guide me..
> --
> ~SiMPLe~|||so i need to know how to intergrate my reports using web services.. because i
don't want my clients to see my server.. Can you tell me in details how
should i start making one? and also in the URL integration, you mean the
prefixes right? (rs.. rc.. ) I guess i'll also use the URL integration
inside my web service?
--
~SiMPLe~
"Bruce L-C [MVP]" wrote:
> You need to decide if you are going to integrate using URL integration
> (easiest and fullest featured) or web services (harder but complete
> control). Is this an intranet or internet. If internet where you don't want
> the user to have access to your server then you would have to use web
> services. If URL integration then the best thing is to first understand the
> URL that you need to create. Make sure you can create the URL (even just
> typing it in from IE) and that you can pass parameters. Once you can do that
> then you can control the other aspects of it. I tend to create the URL for
> Jump to URL which is a little different (RS automatically fills in the
> server name so I don't have to deal with it).
>
> --
> Bruce Loehle-Conger
> MVP SQL Server Reporting Services
> "Alex" <alex@.interpac.com.ph(donotspam)> wrote in message
> news:C9A32654-7806-402D-B709-9D7289DC9889@.microsoft.com...
> > I'm not sure of what i should do to come up with a web site that allows
> > the
> > users to access the reports that are in my reportserver, I would like to
> > know a step by step instructions on how to access my reports using asp.net
> > web application.
> > Is my problem has anything to do with configuring consoles or xml log
> > files?
> > Will I have to make a coding that will look for server/ virtualroot/
> > pathinfo prefixes.. and where and how will i make one?
> > I am really confused on which or what should i do to access my reports
> > through aspx application ..
> > Please guide me..
> >
> > --
> > ~SiMPLe~
>
>

No comments:

Post a Comment