Friday, February 24, 2012

Access permissions

I have recently installed MSDE for the first time and created a .adp file
that connects to my MSDE server. However, when I create a new table within
the .adp file I can't add new records to it. Also, when I go to the
"Advanced" tab of the "Data Link Properties" dialog box all of the Access
Permissions are greyed out. I feel that this could be part of the problem.
Any suggestions?
Nevermind, I figured it out. I did not have the table indexed therefore I
wasn't able to add new records.
"Taz" wrote:

> I have recently installed MSDE for the first time and created a .adp file
> that connects to my MSDE server. However, when I create a new table within
> the .adp file I can't add new records to it. Also, when I go to the
> "Advanced" tab of the "Data Link Properties" dialog box all of the Access
> Permissions are greyed out. I feel that this could be part of the problem.
> Any suggestions?

No comments:

Post a Comment