Friday, February 24, 2012

Access Reports using IP Address

I have the following going on: A win 2k3 server running sql server and
reporting services. I have IIS configured on it and can run reports
internally on my network but when I try to access a report from the web I
get
nothing back. I can access Folders List and other properties of any selected
report but not able to view the
reports from web. I am using a static ip address to access the website for
now.
I deployed the reports using the IP address. Any ideas on what could be
wrong here?
by
RajIn reporting services there is a config setting that tells report manager
where to find report server.
By default it is located at:
C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\MSSQL\Reporting
Services\ReportManager\RSWebApplication.config
You need to change the ReportServerURL element to point to something that
you can 'see' externally. If you cannot see this external URL internally
thiswill break your internal reports.
"MSRS" <Mahashares@.yahoo.com> wrote in message
news:uMfvfkygFHA.3868@.TK2MSFTNGP14.phx.gbl...
>I have the following going on: A win 2k3 server running sql server and
> reporting services. I have IIS configured on it and can run reports
> internally on my network but when I try to access a report from the web I
> get
> nothing back. I can access Folders List and other properties of any
> selected
> report but not able to view the
> reports from web. I am using a static ip address to access the website for
> now.
> I deployed the reports using the IP address. Any ideas on what could be
> wrong here?
> by
> Raj
>|||Thanks joe.
It is working.
by
Raj
"Joe" <noemail@.noemail.com> wrote in message
news:#nrmssygFHA.3940@.tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl...
> In reporting services there is a config setting that tells report manager
> where to find report server.
> By default it is located at:
> C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\MSSQL\Reporting
> Services\ReportManager\RSWebApplication.config
> You need to change the ReportServerURL element to point to something that
> you can 'see' externally. If you cannot see this external URL internally
> thiswill break your internal reports.
>
> "MSRS" <Mahashares@.yahoo.com> wrote in message
> news:uMfvfkygFHA.3868@.TK2MSFTNGP14.phx.gbl...
I[vbcol=seagreen]
for[vbcol=seagreen]
>

No comments:

Post a Comment