Friday, February 24, 2012

Access Reporting Web Service from a remote computer

I just installed SQL Server 2005 and reporting services in my home
computer (XP). From a different computer in my basement connected via
peer to peer network I am able to connect to SQL Server installed in
the computer upstairs byusing a SQL Server login.
I have installed only the client components of SQL Server 2005 in my
computer at the basement. I am now trying to add a web reference to
the reporting services web services from my computer in the basement
by typing in
URL:http:/servername/reportserver/reportservice2005.asmx?wsdl
but I get the following error...
"The page cannot be displayed
The page you are looking for is currently unavailable. The Web site
might be experiencing technical difficulties, or you may need to
adjust your browser settings. "
What am I doing wrong? I am new to this so it is very likely that I am
doing something wrong.
I am able to access page when I paste the same URL in my computer
upstairs where I instaled the reporting services.
My main objective is to try and call the RS web services from the
computer in the basement.
My question is what do I need to do so that I can add web references
of reporting services from a remote computer?
Any help in this reagrd will be greatly appreciated. Any links
pertaining to this will also be very helpful.
ThanksHey why dont you write some asp.net code using web services. I dont know why
you are using directly URL, moreover to do what ?
To access remote of web services you need to change it in config about the
state server settings.
Amarnath
"shub" wrote:
> I just installed SQL Server 2005 and reporting services in my home
> computer (XP). From a different computer in my basement connected via
> peer to peer network I am able to connect to SQL Server installed in
> the computer upstairs byusing a SQL Server login.
> I have installed only the client components of SQL Server 2005 in my
> computer at the basement. I am now trying to add a web reference to
> the reporting services web services from my computer in the basement
> by typing in
> URL:http:/servername/reportserver/reportservice2005.asmx?wsdl
> but I get the following error...
> "The page cannot be displayed
> The page you are looking for is currently unavailable. The Web site
> might be experiencing technical difficulties, or you may need to
> adjust your browser settings. "
> What am I doing wrong? I am new to this so it is very likely that I am
> doing something wrong.
> I am able to access page when I paste the same URL in my computer
> upstairs where I instaled the reporting services.
> My main objective is to try and call the RS web services from the
> computer in the basement.
> My question is what do I need to do so that I can add web references
> of reporting services from a remote computer?
> Any help in this reagrd will be greatly appreciated. Any links
> pertaining to this will also be very helpful.
> Thanks
>

No comments:

Post a Comment