Friday, February 24, 2012

Access Remote SQL SERVER

Hi :)

Is there a way that i can use to connect to SQL SERVER of my WebService Provider ??

I mean how do i upload my database to the SQL SERVER of my WebService Provider ?

ThanksIf the ISP has allowed you to (by opening port 1433) you can.

Otherwise, you should check with the ISP to see how they suggest uploading databases.|||Thanks for the reply :)

They have given me the port number witch its not 1433 ..its another one ...but what software could i use ...i mean a manager ...i have some trials instaled ...but on the connection option theres no place for the port number ...

is there a correct way to do the connection ?

Thanks|||You can use Enterprise Manager. If you have the SQL Server client installed, there is a Client Network Utility that will allow you to set a port for the connection. Without the SQL Server client installed, I am not sure how the other tools you may have work. I would pick up the SQL Server developer's edition, which I think sells for US$40.00 or so.

No comments:

Post a Comment