Sunday, March 25, 2012

Accessing directly to a Full Index Catalog

Hi,
Suppose that I have a Full Text catalog that indexes 3 tables. I want to search from an asp page for some text in the tables. How can I perform this search directly in the catalog ? Right now I must perform 3 queries, one for each table, but then I must
store the parcial results and in the end order by rank the retrieved results. This doesn′t seem to be a good solution. Does any one know if I can do this with the ixsso object (Query and Util)?. Any ideas ?
Thanks in advance.
Bart.
Bartolomeu,
Unfortunately, direct access to the FT Catalog files is not supported in SQL
Server 2000. However it has been reported publicly by Microsoft that it will
be supported via a command line utility in SQL Server 2005 (Yukon).
For SQL Server 2000, you must rely on using the FTS predicates of CONTAINS*
or FREETEXT*.
Regards,
John
"Bartolomeu" <Bartolomeu@.discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:90467F8E-3CFD-430A-A155-4BA09806F7CB@.microsoft.com...
> Hi,
> Suppose that I have a Full Text catalog that indexes 3 tables. I want to
search from an asp page for some text in the tables. How can I perform this
search directly in the catalog ? Right now I must perform 3 queries, one for
each table, but then I must store the parcial results and in the end order
by rank the retrieved results. This doesnt seem to be a good solution.
Does any one know if I can do this with the ixsso object (Query and Util)?.
Any ideas ?
> Thanks in advance.
> Bart.

No comments:

Post a Comment