Thursday, March 22, 2012

accessing blank values in a table

Hi,
I am trying to format a column of varchar which has decimal values..Since it
is varchar I was not able to format it directlyu, so had to mulitply and
divide each value by 100 and then apply formatting..Not all the rows of the
table have data, some are blank..and these show up as "#Error" on the
report.I try not to do any operations on them by using "Isnothing" or
comparing each value with "" in the IIf statment..But neither works...Can
someone tell me how I can access the blanks in the table...
ThanksTo see if the column is empty in the IIF statement, use the following syntax
IIF ("" & MyColumn <> "", the rest ...)
It takes an empty string and concatenates the column value to the empty
string, if the column is empty, it results in an empty string.
"Dolly" <Dolly@.discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:FD0B22DD-BA90-4B2C-9495-A5E783B0467B@.microsoft.com...
> Hi,
> I am trying to format a column of varchar which has decimal values..Since
it
> is varchar I was not able to format it directlyu, so had to mulitply and
> divide each value by 100 and then apply formatting..Not all the rows of
the
> table have data, some are blank..and these show up as "#Error" on the
> report.I try not to do any operations on them by using "Isnothing" or
> comparing each value with "" in the IIf statment..But neither works...Can
> someone tell me how I can access the blanks in the table...
> Thanks

No comments:

Post a Comment