Thursday, March 22, 2012

accessing components and task from scripting task

Hi, I have to researching of how to accesss package tasks and component using the SqlServer.Dts.Runtime class and so far, I havent found any solution. For example, if you package has a scriptiong task and a data flow task(<- which contains a data source component). Is it possible to use the scripting component to access the data source component in the data flow task and manipulate its properites like sqlcommand etc.

Emmanuel

An easier and more direct way to do this is to store the sqlcommand for the datasource in a package variable and set the variable value in the script task or even at the time of executing the package.

|||I know that can be done using variables and expressions and all that but i want to know where its possible to access component and dask of a package in a scripting task using a SqlServer.Runtime library. I know you can pass variable around be I want to know how to control component properties in a scripting task or component if possible. If anyone know how to do that or can direct me to the right resource, I will be glad. Thanks.|||Nope, the tasks and components can't directly access each other at runtime.

No comments:

Post a Comment